Civil engineering project teams deliver a blend of engineering aptitude, sound control systems, and good management skills for a number of projects throughout their geographical areas of operations. They have been partly or completely contracted for major projects covering sewage and wastewater disposal plants, water supply, marina works, infrastructures, and trunk roads/highways and associated structures.
Water supply projects including the Nairobi water supply project, the Mombasa and coastal water distribution schemes, plus the the Aguthi, Litein, Ndia and Nyakach schemes in Kenya; Iju and Isashi water rehabilitation projects in Nigeria; the Fuijeira, Ajman and Sharjah water schemes in the UAE; and a number of others. Construction includes concrete reservoirs, treatment facilities, pump stations, and metering control systems.
The Group has undertaken many major road and bridge projects throughout Africa, the Middle East and the U.S.A., such as the rehabilitation of war-stricken roads between Beirut and other principal towns of Lebanon in 1984. More than $100 million U.S. dollars of road reinstatement included all underground services, overhead supplies, and infrastructures.
Other civil work includes a marina complex with moorage and fueling facilities for 44 boats, as well as two swimming pools, a beach club and lounging areas as part of the Riviera Hotel extension in Lebanon. It also includes the development and construction of the Parque Da Floresta Golf Club in Algarve, Portugal, comprising an 18-hole golf course, clubhouse, roads, 100 villas positioned along the fairways and all related infrastructure set in 300 acres of rural land.
Sample Civil Engineering work:
- 75 kilometers of bitumen roads in Beirut and New Byblos City, Lebanon
- The 54-km Mwanza highway in Tanzania, with eight reinforced concrete bridges and box culverts
- 200 kilometers of urban and rural roads completed in Gaborone, Botswana by widening city roads and roundabouts, upgrading the drainage system, paving pedestrian areas, and resealing existing roads
Other civil work includes a marina complex with moorage and fueling facilities for 44 boats, as well as two swimming pools, a beach club, and lounging areas as part of the Riviera Hotel extension in Lebanon. It also includes the development and construction of the Parque Da Floresta Golf Club in Algarve, Portugal, comprising an 18-hole golf course, clubhouse, roads, and all related infrastructure set in 300 acres of rural land.
In the past three decades, the Zakhem Group has developed extensive experience in erecting storage tank farms, industrial plants, refinery related work, pumping stations and fire fighting systems for the petrochemical sector. Their performance in meeting the three objectives of quality, time, and budget has encouraged many of their clients to place repeat contracts for similar work.
Sample Mechanical Engineering work:
- Colombo Refinery Tank Farm, Sri Lanka: built 54 storage steel tanks of varying capacities
- Shames Gas Project, Abu Dhabi, UAE: erected desulphurization and dehydration plant and associated equipment
- Zawiya Refinery Storage Tanks, Libya: constructed and tested 55 tanks and two spheres of varying capacities ranging 250-45,000 cu m
- Tazama Pipeline Company, Tanzania: transferred, constructed, and modernized a crude oil pumping station in Dar es Salaam, on a “turnkey” basis
- Mombasa Petroleum Storage Facilities, Kenya: erected five 330,000 barrels storage tanks with all associated works, instrumentation, and commissioning
- NNPC Pipelines & Depots Project Phase III, Contract 3, Nigeria: designed, supplied, and constructed two major depots, comprising a total of 31 steel tanks amounting to more than 178,000 cu m