- Board Member
- Group President
Abdallah is co-founder of Zakhem International Construction Group and its president since 1982. Based in the head office, he manages and directs all international engineering projects undertaken by any of the Zakhem Group of Companies.
Prior, Abdallah was Managing Director of Zakhem International Construction Group, Kenya from 1970-1982. He managed and directed all international engineering projects by the company, covering all aspects of operations. Other countries of Group activities under his direct supervision included Italy and the Arabian Gulf.
Between 1965 and 1969, he was appointed Area Manager of Zakhem Engineers SAL in Iraq, where he was responsible for all projects executed in the Arabian Gulf.
Before joining Zakhem Group, Abdallah worked as Site Agent with TALIHAP Joint Venture, in West Pakistan from 1962 to 1964. He was responsible for executing different housing schemes for WAPDA.
In addition to his diversified roles with the Zakhem Group, Abdallah has held several leadership positions throughout his career, including:
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors of Allied Business Bank in Lebanon
- President of Association of Banks in Lebanon (1988-1989)
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Riviera Hotel in Beirut
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Arab American Chamber of Commerce
- Elected President of the Cultural League in Eastern Africa
- Honorary Consul of Lebanon in Nairobi, Kenya since 1978
- Elected Chairman of the Interim Committee of the Lebanese Nigerian Friendship Association in February 2013
Abdallah has led a wide range of social, charitable, and educational activities by the Zakhem Group, particularly within Lebanon.
Abdallah holds the Order of the Patriarch Ignatius IV Hazim of the degree of a Senior Officer and has a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from the American University of Beirut.